- Drafted and negotiated complex agreements and instruments, led due diligence teams and successfully obtained regulatory approvals for mergers and acquisitions of telecommunications and broadcasting companies totaling millions of dollars.
- Created standard contract forms for enterprise software and hardware products, and successfully negotiated licensing and services agreements with a wide variety of enterprise customers, including businesses, hospitals, and governmental agencies.
- Negotiated and drafted agreements for telecommunications and information technology products and services on behalf of various enterprises, including real estate developers and hotel chains, allowing them to improve on-site communications services and realize cost savings.
- Assisted a major public transportation authority in drafting a Request for Proposal for system-wide wireless services, and in preparing and negotiating related contracts.
- Advised investors and lead telecommunications regulatory due diligence review of a multinational satellite services provider, including review of licenses, permits and regulated assets in the U.S., as well as throughout portions of Europe, Asia and Africa.
- Assisted wireless equipment manufacturers in negotiating agreements with application developers and other providers of Internet services and products.
- Advised and assisted wireless companies in nearly all facets of business, including filings with and reports to federal and state agencies, telecom-specific tax and regulatory fee issues, mergers & acquisitions, vendor contracts, customer contracts and some litigation matters.
- Prepared telecommunications-related regulatory disclosures for numerous SEC filings of publicly traded telecom companies.
- Successfully prosecuted hundreds of applications before the FCC and state Public Utility Commissions.
- Advised participants and prospective applicants in FCC license auctions, including the one-time Incentive Auction for the reassignment of spectrum from television broadcasters for wireless telecommunications services.
Ms. McLaughlin is a graduate of Fordham University, and earned her Juris Doctorate at the Catholic University of America’s Columbus School of Law, where she also earned a certificate from the Institute for Communications Law.
Ms. McLaughlin admitted to practice in the District of Columbia. She is a member of the Federal Communications Bar Association.