ATTN: PRIVACY PROFESSIONALS
PARTICIPATION IN WEBINAR IS NOW QUALIFIED BY THE INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF PRIVACY PROFESSIONALS FOR ONE (1) CREDIT TOWARDS YOUR MANDATORY CONTINUING PRIVACY EDUCATION (“CPE”) AS A CIPP/US
TELECOM CONSUMER PRIVACY LAWS: Are You Ready and Able to Protect Your Customer’s Data as We Enter a New Age of Consumer-Friendly Laws & Regulations?
In coordination with the Cloud Communications Alliance (“CCA”), The CommLaw Group has assembled a panel of renowned experts in the field of Privacy Law, both in the U.S. and Europe, to educate CCA Members about the California Consumer Protection Act (“CCPA”) and its impact on both U.S.-based and international providers of Cloud Communications services (and vendors supporting the industry segment) who either directly or indirectly serve California residents. The CCPA, which is scheduled to go into effect on January 1, 2020, is a first-of-its-kind state-level privacy regime aimed at protecting the interests of consumers of online and digital goods and services, and likely sets the stage for additional states to adopt similar legislation in the future.
YOU WILL BE IMPACTED!
THE QUESTIONS ARE: HOW? And HOW MUCH?
We invite you to join the CCA at the final installment of its Educational Webinar Series for 2019, where our esteemed panel will answer these questions and more. You will also hear from Netherlands-based software company, GDPR365, who will share insights about technology solutions that help organizations make and keep themselves compliant with GDPR and how similar technologies can play a role in CCPA compliance.
WHEN – Wednesday, December 11, 2019 – 1:00-2:00 PM Eastern US Time
NOTE: While there is a cost of $99 for Non-CCA Members, if you contact Jonathan Marashlian at email@example.com and express interest in attending, our Firm will facilitate your registration AT NO COST!
GDPR has been the law of the land throughout the European Union for a few years, already. California is the first state in the U.S. to legislate privacy through the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), which is slated to be rolled out in 2020. More states, including New York, are likely to follow-suit. What do the experiences with GDPR in Europe and California’s effort to promulgate implementing regulations pursuant to the CCPA tell us about where consumer data privacy is headed in the future, both here in the U.S. and abroad?
Topics to be covered:
- GDPR vs. CCPA: A comparative impact of the most impactful government-manded consumer privacy protection regimes on your company’s data privacy operations; if your Company has already prepared for GDPR, it won’t have to start from scratch when preparing for CCPA compliance. But, it does NOT mean you have all the bases covered; there are critical differences:
- Differences in the scope of application
- Nature and extent of collection limitations
- Rules concerning accountability
- Learn the differences so you don’t miss important requirements or “over-comply” by giving consumers wider scope of information than required
- What’s on tap in other states? In Congress? Are other governments considering CCPA/GDPR-styled measures to protect consumer privacy in the digital age?
- Two European companies will share experience gained from GDPR.
- Netherlands-based software company, GDPR365, through its partner, Robert Healey (a (leading international data privacy professional and key note speaker CRCMP CISCRP CSOE GDPR, GRC) will share insights about technology solutions that help organizations make and keep themselves compliant with GDPR and how similar technologies can play a role in CCPA compliance.
- Cavell Group BV will discuss its experience in helping US Comms organizations approach GDPR and how to align business strategy and process to make the compliance exercise something that adds value.
- Linda McReynolds, Esq., CIPP/US, Of Counsel at Marashlian & Donahue, PLLC
- Gail Smith, Director, SD-WAN Practice & Education Services, Cavell Group BV
- Greta Joynes, Senior Policy Advisor, Browstein, Hyatt, Farber, Schreck, LLP
- Robert Healey, Relentless Privacy and Compliance Services, GDPR365 partner